Thursday, October 13, 2011

View my front porch, Halloween style.









These wicker chairs had adorable chair pads, but they just didn't look like Halloween. All that I did to change them was wrap existing pillows in Halloween fabric and looped a belt, ect. This was a no sew project, just required safety pins to anchor them. I can already see Thanksgiving fabric when it is time to change them out next month.
The wreath was a grapevine wreath spray painted black, I added a ghost painted on a paper grocery bag, cut out a rectangle from bead board, twisted orange netting around the wreath and, there she is.






I also cut out this letter "L", which you could pick up at any craft store, sprayed it orange and added Halloween fabric circles for a polka ~dot look. "L"~ is for Lott:)

The chalkboard is the frame I've always used, just changed the words.

















Added a fabric bat and tin jack~o~lantern inside the wreath. Hung on the fun old door.


Do you notice the witch caught under the old chest? Those boots were originally white and only 1$ at a garage sale, I spray painted them black, bought the striped material for tights, stuffed them with plastic shopping bags, and anchored them under the chest. Why do I always associate the Wizard of Oz, with Halloween?
,






















Here we go, I continued to use some of the same base items to re~decorate my front porch. Only this time I went all Halloween. Anyone can stuff kid~size overalls and a flannel shirt for a custom scarecrow, I nestled him in the wheelbarrow. (the annoying magpie birds love to sit on the edge of the wheelbarrow, unfortunately the crow doesn't really do his job) The witch was a similar idea. I painted a garage sale frame purple to frame her loveliness. Enjoy the spooks and such . Happy Halloween!
Melanie

P.S Do you have old Halloween decor. that can be re~purposed? Any old costumes that can be stuffed for spooky fun decor.? The possibilities are endless!















No comments:

Post a Comment